At SeaChange, we pride ourselves in being a small, entrepreneurial, and collaborative team. We are brought together by our individual motivations to support nonprofits that provide services to local communities in need.
We seek to add team members who share our vision for stronger nonprofits and communities. We value diversity in backgrounds and experience, and commit to being an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for the below open positions, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
SeaChange Capital Partners (“SeaChange”) is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, quantitative, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven individual to join as an Analyst in a small, high-performing team. The ideal candidate will be an analytical go-getter capable of working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. This individual should be passionate about the nonprofit and social sectors with a genuine spirit of service, enthusiasm for learning and growing, and a drive to seize new opportunities.
SeaChange’s mission is to serve nonprofits facing complex financial and organizational challenges. Founded in 2008, SeaChange serves as a bridge between funders and nonprofits by creating flexible, innovative ways for funders to support nonprofits. We do so by making grants and impact-first loans, providing advice and analysis, and facilitating referrals to appropriate outside resources. We share our insights to positively influence the broader ecosystem of nonprofits. In every transaction, our goal is always to contribute value in the interest of creating a healthier, more sustainable nonprofit sector and society.
For more information about SeaChange, please visit our website: www.seachangecap.org.
About the Position: Analyst
SeaChange’s place-based impact investing funds provide loans to New York City nonprofits for working capital, expansion capital, real estate, and bridge financing needs. We seek to provide access to capital to groups whose financing needs cannot be met by traditional sources. The Analyst will primarily support SeaChange’s lending work and will be involved in all stages of making investments, including screening, due diligence, negotiation and execution, portfolio management, workout, and evaluation. The Analyst will also work on discrete data-analysis projects to support SeaChange’s consulting engagements. We are seeking candidates that have outstanding interpersonal qualities to complement the deep analytical skills required of a credit Analyst.
The Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Due Diligence: screen potential borrowers; review & analyze financial and organizational documents; build financial models; identify key issues and opportunities for prospective investments
- Transaction Support: prepare and draft investment recommendations, proposals, and term sheets
- Portfolio Management: engage with borrowers, investees, and co-lenders; create and monitor reporting; evaluate transaction and borrower performance; manage and maintain internal transaction tracking systems
- Fund Administration: support quarterly closing process; coordinate and provide information to fund accountants and auditors
- Advice and Analysis: support analysis and planning projects for nonprofits and coalitions; create deliverables (e.g., presentations, metrics, summaries, etc.)
- Internal Operations: participate in SeaChange board meetings and fund governance/investment committee meetings; collaborate with Director of Finance and Director of Operations for preparation of statements
Although the Analyst will predominantly work on our credit & investment funds, SeaChange is a small team where every person has a role in our strategic planning, operations, and administration. We support opportunities for the Analyst to work on other initiatives and program areas as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally related to finance, philanthropy, business/nonprofit management, or other related fields
- 1-3 years of work experience, or equivalent
- Strong commitment and interest in social impact and the nonprofit sector
- Superior organizational, process, and time management skills as demonstrated by an ability to manage and prioritize multiple, detailed projects, and to drive toward deadlines
- Self-starter with exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Analytical prowess and attention to detail
- Experience with analyzing financial statements (i.e., income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, etc.) and a demonstrated ability in interpreting and summarizing complex data in the form of spreadsheet-based models and/or exhibits
- Professionalism with a high level of maturity, poise, and judgment
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, appreciate differences in perspectives, and work toward shared goals and objectives
- Commitment to SeaChange’s values of respect, do no harm, confidentiality, neutrality, equity, and independence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel, as well as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Willingness to travel to our offices in New York and Philadelphia
- Professional experience/background in corporate finance, investment banking, credit, strategy consulting, investment management, accounting, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, QuickBooks, and/or Python a plus
- Master’s Degree or similar professional degree a plus, ideally related to finance, philanthropy, business administration, nonprofit management, or other related field
- Sense of humor!
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $55,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience
- 403(b) retirement plan after 6 months of employment + 2:1 contribution match
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life/disability/AD&D insurance, etc.
- Generous time-off policies, including 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year and tenure-based increases
- Hybrid and flexible remote/office work schedules
- Year-round networking and professional development opportunities
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to complete an assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SeaChange is an equal opportunity employer and believe we are strengthened by the diversity of our team. We welcome all qualified candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or gender identity to apply for this position. We seek to cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, an integral part of SeaChange’s culture.
If you have questions or require any special accommodations to review the job description or submit an application, please reach out to email@example.com.
Open Opportunities at our Nonprofit Partners:
- There are no open positions at this time.